Hi there from Australia

mhainz

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 22, 2016
Australia
Howdy all.
New member from Melbourne, Australia here.

I'm totally new to this chicken thing. I've been pestering my wife for about 5 years and she finally relented and let me get a couple of chooks. They're only about 4 weeks old (we got them as 1 week old chicks) so I'm currently building a coop and run for them.

Here are my girls (God I hope they're girls!) on their first outing into the great outdoors.

Cheers,
Markus.

G'day and nice to meet you Markus. BYC has a large Aussie community, and always room for more. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock
frow.gif

Hi Markus and welcome to BYC. Congrats on your chicks - you deserve 'em after 5 years pestering! I'd suggest holding off on posting on the gender thread for another couple of weeks. Around 6 weeks seems to be the benchmark for an accurate assessment.

All the best
CT

Aloha from Hawaii how are yourseasons there and how r yor chickens affected by them? Oh wait, you haven't had them long enough have you? Oh wow what a great experience for you! You're gonna love your "chooks' that's what you call a baby chicken or a chicken in general?

Aloha from Hawaii how are yourseasons there and how r yor chickens affected by them? Oh wait, you haven't had them long enough have you? Oh wow what a great experience for you! You're gonna love your "chooks' that's what you call a baby chicken or a chicken in general?

Hi there. Yep I've only had them a few weeks. Here where I am its currently Spring so the daytime temps are getting around 18-20 deg C and at night we're getting down to about 10deg C so its not too cold anymore. The way my (hopefully) girls are growing I think they'll be good to move outside in a couple of weeks.

And yes "Chooks" is our collective term for chickens over here!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Back
Top Bottom