Hi there from DeBary, Florida!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nimby Chickens, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Nimby Chickens

Nimby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I have always wanted chickens and my fiancee and I are closing on our first house on November 29th! It has a nice big yard, a honey bee hive (they just moved in under the shed for some reason, and as a gardener I am simply delighted to have them! I just hope all my cross-polinated plants turn out deliciously! [​IMG])

Right now I live in an apartment in Sanford, and I can't wait to get my own house. So excited! The house itself is in DeBary, Florida, just a stone's throw away. I am having trouble finding out if I CAN keep chickens as pets inside city limits, but hopefully the answer is yes! I know someone on this board lives in DeBary and sells chickens, so that's a good sign. My property has no HOA and sits on half an acre, but is zoned residentially!

I'd like to get a bunch of easter egger pullets since I am just starting out and I want pets who lay eggs! I'm a vegetarian, lol. I want to build an awesome, adorable chicken coop!

Anyway, that's it, any advice would be great. My name is Lana, nice to meet you all!

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Glad you joined.. Congrats on the new house!

3. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Nice to meet you, you'll find a lot of useful info here. Congrats on your new house.
    [​IMG]

4. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Congrats and welcome to BYC!

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Hello from Tucson and [​IMG] Congratulations on the new house and chickens too!

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG]

7. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Welcome from PA![​IMG]

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
  10. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Wellcome to BYC - make sure you put yourself on the Floridian thread under the "where are you" section in the Index! You'll love having chickens!! Where is DeBary?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by