Hi there from Missouri!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Silkiechickie, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Silkiechickie

Silkiechickie New Egg

Sep 28, 2009
    West Plains
    Hi all, I'm new here... I'm 26 with 2 pugs, 1 cat, 1 blue crowned conure, and 2 Silkie Chickens, oh yeah, and a husband too. [​IMG]
    I grew up in California and moved to Missouri when I was 16 (yeah, from CA to MO, crazy I know!) and we have always had chickens in our backyard ever since I can remember.
    I've always loved chickens; if I had to pick my favorites, I'd say probably Silkies, Brahmas, and Cochins...
    So a couple months ago, I ordered 3 blue silkie eggs from ebay of all places. It was an awesome experience to hatch my own chickies from eggs...
    I made the incubator myself; I was only half convinced it would actually work! [​IMG]
    To my delight, 2 of the eggs hatched right on time! [​IMG]
    I had candled them and the third never developed at all, so maybe it wasn't fertile...
    But anyway, I have two beautiful babies that are doing great! I haven't named them yet because I'd really like to know if they're male or female first... I know they're pretty young (about 2 months old), but I thought I'd share a pic to see what your opinions were... The gray one looks more like a male to me and the black one looks like a female. What do you think?

and a side view, because it's so stinkin' hard to get chickens to look at you when you're trying to take a picture!

Thanks guys! I look forward to hearing from you! [​IMG]
  2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC from North Central Florida
  3. mschickychick

mschickychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Nice chickens. Thanks for sharing. Welcome to BYC. We are glad you're here.

4. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    [​IMG] from northern Missouri!
  5. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
  6. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    [​IMG] from California! [​IMG]
  7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI. Cute chickens but I think you may have to wait a little longer to be sure. Post pics in the "What Breed/Gender...." section....you should get some good responses there! [​IMG]
  8. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

~*~*~WeLcOmE to BYC~*~*~ from SWVA!
  9. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
  10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas size [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by