Hi there from Perth Australia

Mich

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
Perth
Hello all... found this forum last night while frantically searching for help after we found Miss Maude (one of our two Isa Browns) unconscious in the pool and Beatrice perched on the garden bench nearby, when I went out to lock them in the coop for the night. They have a big run but we let them roam in the garden on the weekends, but they couldn't get back into the coop because I forgot to latch it open and it had blown shut...talk about feeling guilty.

Poor liitle thing was freezing cold and unconscious but twitching, and I found a post here that said to get her warmed but to be patient as it could take a while, so we cocooned her in warm towels, put hot water bottles around her and laid her near the heater....she began to stir and managed to hold her head up and shake it after about 15 minutes. After about an hour she shook her head, opened her eyes and fluffed herself up - it was such a relief as I didn't thin she'd make it. We kept her warm in a basket overnight (much to the disgust of Jenny the cat!) and this morning she appears to be right as rain...is back in the run with Beatrice and happily scratching around.

Lots of good stuff on here about looking after chooks and very helpful in our panic last night!!
Cheers
Mich

welcome-byc.gif

So glad your girls were okay!!
smile.png

Missi

Hi there form over in Melbourne
welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you found her just in time to save her. I bet she wont try going for a swim again in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom