Hi there from west Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jay dawg, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jay dawg

jay dawg New Egg

Nov 2, 2014
    Hi there my name is Jimmy Sanchez im from Lamesa Tx. And im new to BYC... about me I was raised around lots of beautiful game birds, my step father and his father both raised some pretty good birds...Im now grown and have 3 beautiful daughters that are interested in gamefowl too... I have obtained a pure roundhead cock , and a gavalin grey/ penny hatch stagg and also a pure joe goode grey pullet... not much buy its a start... I have tried to obtain hatching eggs or lil hatchlings but alot of the people I've met dnt know what bloodline or breed they have they just no that its a red or yellow rooster, and the ones who do know what they have want more than I can afford...well just wanted to introduce myself and let yall know a lil bit about me and my purpose for joining... thanks. :)

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Jimmy! Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas, and I have relatives not too far from you (in Lubbock). Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your gamefowl.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome
    Glad you joined the flock. There is the buy sell trade section that you could look through for the hatching eggs you require.
    As Micheal OShay said ask any questions you may have everyone here to help :frow

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  4. jay dawg

jay dawg New Egg

Nov 2, 2014
    Thank you...im happy to join the flock of others who are as intersted in chickens as me...raising ckickens is a wonderful experience you can do as a family... I remember when I was little no matter how buisy or tired everyone was we would all go outback to feed and water all the chickens 1 by 1 it was lot of fun and I want to do the same fr my kids..

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you decided to join us.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your gamefowl! I've never had any, but they're beautiful birds.

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

Good luck with your gamefowl!

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

10. TwoCrows