1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi There

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by teamschmid, Oct 28, 2016.

1. teamschmid

teamschmid New Egg

Oct 28, 2016
    Hi! I am excited to be a part of this community. I have been checking out this website for a long time and just realized I could join and get some personalized help. I have 6 chickens (2 americanas, 2 golden wyandottes, and two silkies), and I am currently in the process of hatching about 20 eggs. We had a silkie rooster until my husband couldn't stand him anymore. He decided to crow NON STOP for a few days and that was the end of him :/ I did not think I would like chickens, but I love them.

I just posted a question on a thread about one of my eggs trying to hatch. I am hatching chicks for the first time. I look forward to learning more about chickens on this site.

Thanks!

Sara

2. Rod-T

Rod-T Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Deer park, Washington
    Welcome to byc sara... good luck on your hatch

3. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Glad you joined us! We are all very happy to have you as part of our growing community! I'm sorry about what happened to your rooster [​IMG] Good luck with your hatch and best wishes! [​IMG]

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Sara!

Glad you could join us here! That's a lovely mix of breeds you have there :D I hope your hatch goes well, are you using an incubator or a broody hen? The learning Center is a great place to check to check out ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center Thete is a great section in there on incubating and hatching.

Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

5. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    Hello Sara, welcome to BYC!

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Sara, good luck with your hatch!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Sara, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Glad you became an official member! Best wishes and happy hatching! :jumpy

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Sara. Now that you are an official member of BYC, you can enter contests as well.

10. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello Sara, and welcome to BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by