Hi there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by IamDavesWife, Mar 8, 2017.

1. IamDavesWife

IamDavesWife Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    Newbie here. Don't even have my chickens yet :) We are finishing up our coop construction and the chicks will arrive in a few weeks. We are planning for 3-4 as we live in the city and in a neighborhood. We will truly be backyard chicken keepers. This will be our first time with chickens, but we already have a small herd of animals: 5 cats, 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, a bearded dragon and some fish. I'm excited to get started but very nervous. I'm hoping that I'm making this all much harder in my head than it's going to be :) Thanks for all the great information I have gotten from this site!

2. CP Chicken

CP Chicken Crazy about Turkens

Feb 25, 2017
    Gallifrey
    Greetings! Chicken keeping certainly has its ups and downs but in the end, it is absolutely amazing! :D :welcome Hope everything goes well with the chicks!

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Hello again IamDavesWife looks like this may be a duplicate post.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    duplicate post

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hello again [​IMG]

6. IamDavesWife

IamDavesWife Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    I apologize, I don't know how I'm getting duplicate threads and I don't know how to fix them :(

7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Nothing to apologize for. What happens is when someone new signs up, their post is held for a bit for moderation. Then the new poster doesn't think their post went through, so they post again. That's all, you didn't do anything wrong, this happens and it's no big deal.

Hey, it just means you're doubly welcome!

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Agreed!! No need for apologies!! As NFC said - 2x the welcome!!! [​IMG]

9. snow5164

snow5164 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2015
    Canada
    Welcome ,
    Great idea to build the coop before you have chickens , gives you time to plan and think .
    Lots of things are trials and errors , but with the herd of animals you're raising I have complete confidence you will do great[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]!!!

Remember there are no dumb questions[​IMG]
    Ask away..... can't believe you have more dogs then me , I have 4 dogs, 4 cats , 45 chickens , 3 cows , 1 baby bull, and a dog boarding kennel [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by