Hi There!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lynndaybrown, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Lynndaybrown

Lynndaybrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Maryland
    My name is Lynn, I live in Maryland, I've been lurking for a while but am feeling brave enough to start participating.

I'm new to chickens and got by first 1/2 dozen chicks last march from my local feed store. ( still have the 5 ladies, the Roo had to find a new home to keep my neighbors happy) Those 6 have all grown up and started laying eggs and I've currently got about a dozen new chicks I'm raising.

The chicken bug has got me bad. I just love my girls- even more than I ever expected. Something about them just makes me so happy.

Right now my adult flock consists of 2 buff orphingtons ( Marshmallow and Peep) , 2 barred rocks ( Roxy and Charlotte) , 1 Easter Egger (Tiny)

My Chicks are a combo of couple of silkies ( Ava, Pearl and Poppy) , a polish ( Gaga), A Welsummer named June that I suspect is a Roo and an asortment of mystery chicks for me to figure out and name still ( I ordered a bantam assortment )

It's nice to have found a place that likes chickens as much as I do

Lynn

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So nice to have you (and your flock) with us!

[​IMG]

3. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Texas and I also have a small flock of 6 which are 4 Silkies and 2 Easter Eggers

4. dsquawker

dsquawker Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Bluegrass State
    Sounds like you are well on your way to becoming a bantam expert. Nice to meet you and welcome. I understand the obsession and happiness too. Angela (dsquawker)

Quote:

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Lynn and [​IMG]. Best of luck with your brood and have fun on BYC! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Chick-n-itis

Chick-n-itis Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2011
    The Mountains of WV
    Welcome from West Virginia...........although I grew up in Maryland............. and I am fairly new to BYC and chickens

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hi Lynn! [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by