1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Evie_W, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Evie_W

Evie_W Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2011
    Hello everyone [​IMG]

I'm very excited to finally have signed up to BYC! My name is Evelyn, I live in Canberra, Australia and have had a backyard flock for about 6 months now. I'm officially obsessed - spending hours a week chatting to my little ladies, fussing over their food/bedding etc and giving them lots of attention. My partner thinks I'm a crazy chicken lady, but he used the L-word the other day about one of our chooks so I think he's coming around [​IMG]

So here is a bit about my flock:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - see above

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 3 adults and two chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have? The chicks are Pekin bantams, funny little fuzzy butts! One of the adults is a silkie, without a doubt, and I'm not too sure about the other ones! I'll have to post pics and we can place bets.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Google. Every problem i have had with the chooks has happily been fixed by surveying BYC!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I'm currently doing my second masters degree and spend a lot of time reading and just hanging out with friends and family. Plus full time work, that keeps me busy enough !

So that's me! Looking forward to meeting some like-minded people so I don't feel like I'm the only crazy chicken lover on earth!

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] You are FAR from the only crazy chicken lady on earth! [​IMG] We have quite a few members from "Down Under!"

3. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC

4. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hello! from one crazy chicken lady to another!!!!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

6. Welcome from California!

7. judikins

judikins Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2010
    Welcome aboard..altho I don't get on here often..its a great site..so you will enjoy it...Judi:)

8. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

You'll find BYC folks are very friendly and knowledgeable and are always eager to help!

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by