hi there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tigger15, Aug 4, 2013.

1. tigger15

tigger15 New Egg

Aug 4, 2013
    for a while now i have been browsing your site without becoming a member but now i have questions about my babies so have decided to join in the fun lol so here i am

we have 4 we were told "hyline" hens (big reds) 3 bantams and recently we got given some chicks of unknown breed but our main concern is whether they (the chicks) are roosters or not as it is a council stipulation that no roosters are allowed I'm not sure if i can ask here or ask some place else

we are a family of 6 living in new zealand who love our backyard chooks i have tried to get good pics but it has just started raining outside and the camera's batteries died grrr

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

none of them seem to have a big comb if any one of the darker ones has like a beanie tuft on its head and they have just lost their chick peep as such if any of that info helps.

any help will be appreciated as we really hope none of them have to go back now that my girls are attached to them :(

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

3. tigger15

tigger15 New Egg

Aug 4, 2013
    thankyou

4. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Your pics are a little grainy, but I'd say that at least one of your silkie x are Roos. Welcome to BYC .

5. LeviS

LeviS Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    North Dakota
    :welcome and good luck with your poultry adventure :frow! It's kind of hard to tell from those pictures, any close ups would help :) Once the weather cooperates.

6. tigger15

tigger15 New Egg

Aug 4, 2013
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ok are these better shots sorry i thought i made the pics small but alas i havent oops

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] The white one looks like a pullet, the dark one with the crest I think may be a boy, his comb is pale but, it reminds me of the start of a silkie walnut comb. he(?) is also developing wattles. The other dark one does not

9. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    #2 looks like a silkie x roo.

10. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    Beautiful flock! Welcome to the site, I'm glad you joined us [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by