Hi there!

Kellyskritters

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 3, 2014
Hi everyone,

My name is Kelly Leal, and I just love animals! As of now we, (My husband, son and myself), have 12 rabbits, 3 chickens, 2 cats 1 duck and a dog. We have always had dogs and cats, but the others more recently.
I started raising rabbits a few years back when someone at work gave me a pregnant doe. Then just last year we bought two Pekin ducks, Henry and Henrietta. Something got Henry and for a while Henrietta was terrified. We waited to get another male duck, but bought some chickens instead. Right now we have three hens: Butterball, a beautiful Golden Buff, Lucy, a New Hampshire Red, and finally there's Red, a Partridge Chantecler. We have had them about 9 months I'd say and love them very much!
We did finally get a young Mallard for Henrietta, but it didn't last long. He flew away in October. Henrietta, however, gets along well with our three hens, so for now we just have the girls! We hope to get more chickens soon as the eggs are quite rewarding! I absolutely love raising them, and have already learned a lot through BYC.
My other hobbies include song writing, singing, recording and Worship Leading part time. I love everything country and try to center everything I do around Christ.

Thank you for letting me join your group,
Kelly

Last edited:

sorry to hear your replacement - duck(mallard) had a fear of commitment - your girl is probably much better off without him

Back
Top Bottom