Hi to all alaskans

Siber_AK49

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 10, 2008
Sterling, Alaska
Hi! I am new to chickens, I got my first 6 chicks (I have no idea what breed they are!) but I love them to pieces! I live in Sterling, Alaska and I am looking to add some more feathery friends to my family and I am looking to aquire them from People in Alaska as I am preferring not to ship from the lower 48. I am looking for chicks and if not a few hens that are already laying.. and I am interested in Silkies but I have yet to find any anywhere! I can't wait to post pics of my chicks here and get some of my questions answered! Nice to meet you all!
big_smile.png

Hello and welcome!!! I don't live in Alaska, but I used to.
smile.png
Now I am in Arkansas and people still put AK half the time, anyway!!! Good luck with the babies. There are quite a few Alaskans on here.

Thanks for the welcomes! Haha I live on Robinson Loop just after higher ground (if you come from the Soldotna side of the loop). Nice to meet you both!

Hey there! You asked me to email you from the guestlist on our website, but didn't leave your email address!
lol.png

We don't have any chicks now, but we might be able to hook you up in the near future... what are you looking for?

Duh... I must have skimmed... we have silkies!!

Last edited:
Ehhh Forgive me for leaving my brain outdoors
hmm.png
after I came in and signed your guestbook after doing the "chores". Thanks for replying on here though! Boy does that make me happy
big_smile.png
! Yes I was looking to add a silkie to two to our gang, as well as Brahmas, mixed breeds, thought the Dorkings looked pretty neat too, we've been improving on a nice coop for our chicks and are going to have everything done before winter sets in and after our salmon run starts. Looking along the lines of keeping them as my pets and maybe in a while try hatching a few of our own chicks.. I bought my 6 chicks from Cad-Re in Soldotna, they didn't have any idea what breed they were but were suspecting they were just some mixed breeds and all pullets. They're are the only part of their body that is "de-fuzzed"
lol.png
They're such cuties right now! With help from my dad and boyfriend we've named them Fruit loop, Batman, Night Wing, Golden Eye (Goldie), Fat Albert, and Oreo.. Not the greatest girl names if they're all pullets like we were told but they're unique
roll.png
big_smile.png

woot.gif
welcome-byc.gif

Hi! I live in Big Lake. Nice to have another Alaskan on the board.
I got my chicks from [urlhttp://www.alaskatripled.com/[/URL] Check out the website, he ships all over AK.
I hope to be coming down that way soon,(ahem Mrs. Ak Bird Brain
wink.png
) maybe we should have a meet up!

Last edited:
You'll have to come by some time. We're just up the road off of Greenfield. You might be able to talk my wife out of a Silkie (if our youngest isn't around). We also have some mixed breeds, light brama/road island reds that should be good layers. She also has who knows what in the incubators right now (I lost track awhile ago).
Jeremy

Thanks for the welcome AK Animal Lover
smile.png
Jeremy I'll have to drop you all a PM or E-mail and see if we could make a good time to drop by and visit. I'm pretty excited to have found someone so close to add some new chicks to our family from. We're hoping to stick mainly to some nice layers but although I have heard Silkies aren't the greatest layers I am absolutely in love with them, they're just too adorable to not love them
tongue.png
hmmm... Well we'll see and hopefully I can make it over for a visit soon enough
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom