HI to my fellow chicken keepers !

Got13now

Chirping
Dec 5, 2022
Mountain City TN
I had Rhode Island Hens 1986 and honestly I don’t know why they lived because I just thought they took care of themselves. I was young. In 2011 I bought 3 chicks from Tractor Supply, I built a beautiful coop and run and had 3 white hens name Becky, Betty and Bertha. They were my pets until I left the coop open all night. I lived in a big subdivision, never thought there was predators. Ten years later, another perfect coop and FENCED yard for Sage, Thyme and Ginger. I moved and they were adopted by a family just starting a farm. Now I built a 8 x 10 coop with a 500 ft run but the flock is free all day. I have Easter Eggers, a Olive Egger, some BIG brown speckled German breed and C Morons ( I think ) 11 hens and 2 roosters. I accidentally ordered so many. So, I have lots to learn with the group’s help.

I had Rhode Island Hens 1986 and honestly I don’t know why they lived because I just thought they took care of themselves. I was young. In 2011 I bought 3 chicks from Tractor Supply, I built a beautiful coop and run and had 3 white hens name Becky, Betty and Bertha. They were my pets until I left the coop open all night. I lived in a big subdivision, never thought there was predators. Ten years later, another perfect coop and FENCED yard for Sage, Thyme and Ginger. I moved and they were adopted by a family just starting a farm. Now I built a 8 x 10 coop with a 500 ft run but the flock is free all day. I have Easter Eggers, a Olive Egger, some BIG brown speckled German breed and C Morons ( I think ) 11 hens and 2 roosters. I accidentally ordered so many. So, I have lots to learn with the group’s help.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom