Hi were new but have a concern about my young sussex

slwattsie

Hatching
10 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Hi

We bought some young hens , we believe much younger than we first realised, we then introduced an 18 month silver link who rules the roost but the Sussex who was fairly dominant now seems very lethargic, the others are all running round but this one despite being a fair size seems to have lost her zest. Am I being over worried, she has lots of lovely feathers and got to a good size but her comb that is not yet developed really is a pale pink not red but then the other happy sussex we have who is lively has the same pink comb. she has taken to sitting on her own a lot where as she used to sit with the other hens. the are housed in a fairly large run.
Comments would be greatly appreciated and what a great site by the way.

Wattsies

welcome-byc.gif
from WI. Is she eating/drinking/pooping? Any signs of illness? Is she being pecked on?? Just covering the basics.....You may also want to post the question in the 'Managing my Flock' section if you think it is not a health problem....If she is being pecked or bullied it may be worth considering removing her for a while and then re-introducing.....I would suggest to post again more specifically to get the best input from folks here..
smile.png

thanks will do, thanks for your input, appreciated, never thought could be so attatched to a hen:
thumbsup.gif
:

Back
Top Bottom