Hi, we're new; from southern Michigan; builder of Outhouse Coops!

Outhouse_Chicken_Coops

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 15, 2009
Lake Odessa, Michigan
Hi!

My wife and I live near Lake Odessa, Michigan. I've been building wooden craft items for about 2-1/2 years. Things like Garden Outhouses, Wishing Wells, Country Benches, and Country American Flags. Some nice lady here saw our work on Craigslist for Grand Rapids and inquired about us making an outhouse for a chicken coop. Now we have at least two members who would like us to make coops for them this spring. Here's a sampling of things we have made:

Here is a 6' tall one

21226_outhouse_6_me.jpg

Here's one with gable ends on the roof

21226_outhouse_5_peaked_roof_4-04-07.jpg

Here's a popular red and white one, very country-ish

21226_5_red_white_7-20-07.jpg

Here's a unique green & yellow one, like the tractors

21226_outhouse_5_green_yellow.jpg

If anyone is interested, we can make them in almost any shape, color, or size. They would make great chicken coops.

Thanks for looking,
Alan & Tina from Lake Odessa, Michigan

I am interested in the green and yellow type. I think it is absolutely wonderful- and a fantastic creative wonderful thing for my illegal chickens.
Please pm me or post here how much they cost.

Quote:
Alan mentions that he can make them any size. The cost goes up with a larger coop, but the price he quoted me was very reasonable for a larger coop. Tell him your specifications ....

Last edited:
Welcome and thanks for the idea. I mentioned to my wife about a month ago that I was thinking of building a decorative outhouse to put in the back yard just because I think it would look cool and we live out in the middle of nowhere so it's not like any neighbors would complain or something... But my wife didn't really seem to like the idea. But... if I explained to her that it was actually a coop for our chickens... then the idea might just fly.
big_smile.png
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom