Hi when do I get chicks for a male

Tallisdibrani

Songster
Mar 3, 2022
Morning , I hatched some chicks for my chickens in the incubator and I decided to keep three of them turns out two of them are boys and one girl I do want to keep all of them but if I have to sell them then I will have to - I have lots of questions I am a first chick owner I did get the chickens as baby’s but that was much more easier then this - the chickens are the dad and the mum and another hen and two ducks they are all in together the chicks are 4 and a bit weeks old would I put all of them together ?? - when would I have to get the males pullets?? - would they have to be separated? - would I just put all of the chicks together and not put them with the chickens ?? Please if anyone can answer these questions I will be grateful. This is a pic of Rio one of the boys - the two boys are okay fighting and the female one is a bit aswell but maybe it’s because the first chick is the boy and the youngest one is a boy ? Thanks
8F18027D-A5B2-4A20-BFBF-1F1261429841.jpeg

Morning , I hatched some chicks for my chickens in the incubator and I decided to keep three of them turns out two of them are boys and one girl I do want to keep all of them but if I have to sell them then I will have to - I have lots of questions I am a first chick owner I did get the chickens as baby’s but that was much more easier then this - the chickens are the dad and the mum and another hen and two ducks they are all in together the chicks are 4 and a bit weeks old would I put all of them together ?? - when would I have to get the males pullets?? - would they have to be separated? - would I just put all of the chicks together and not put them with the chickens ?? Please if anyone can answer these questions I will be grateful. This is a pic of Rio one of the boys - the two boys are okay fighting and the female one is a bit aswell but maybe it’s because the first chick is the boy and the youngest one is a boy ? Thanks View attachment 3035737
I agree with @Chookwagn , the sooner the better. I have my chicks in a cage in my coop, I did it previously and once they were bigger my big big chickens left them alone and they get along great now. Good luck and he’s a cutie!

Thank you -Ik I do t want what colour he’s gonna be lol - I’ll look for some pullets now - how many pullets would I get ? And would I slowly introduce them to each other thanks x

could I go any less not sure if I have enough housing - 😂 got myself into a mess , might just have to sell em

Could I just put them all together like the two boys and a couple of pullets
Possibly, but it could turn sour at any minute, especially with only a few females during that hormonal stage. Even with 11 (?) Females and 2 males in literally unlimited space, there are squabbles with the two occasionally well past their teen phase despite the clear hierarchy of one male being in charge of the flock and other male

Back
Top Bottom