Hi Y'all from Eastern North Carolina

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by doodlebug, Feb 22, 2009.

1. doodlebug

doodlebug New Egg

Nov 12, 2008
    Washington, NC
    Good Morning! I am Ginger Thomas and I have looked at the BYC for a while but never posted. My chickens live on our family farm of about 80 acres with my husband John, our two cats - Twinkletoes & Smokey, our new 'old' tractor - Farmall 140 and our amazing grandson Jacob (His parents live just down the road but we claim him!) [​IMG]

Both my husband & I were raised with families that farmed and had all kinds of livestock including chickens. I have wanted chickens since we got married 9 years ago (yes, its a second marriage for both of us and the grandson is his by blood but mine by heart). John wouldn't get chickens until he decided that Jacob (grandson) needed to know about living on a family farm so we now have -- RIRs, Buff Orpingtons, Barred Plymouth Rocks, RIWs, Leg Horns, Coocoo Marans, Americanas and our first rooster Rudy who is a Mille Fleur and is the care taker of all biddies!

We both LOVE to watch the poultry antics and are always excited to gather the eggs. We are selling eggs to 6 current customers and will have enough laying hens to add 4 to 6 more by the end of April.

John says that we cannot get any more chicks but we do fall in love easily....And Jacob might just see some in the farm stores around and want just a few more...?...[​IMG]

Well, that's enough about me. I would love to communicate with others in the eastern NC area or just folks that love family farms and grandbabies.

Oh, I do have a son that just graduated from HS in June and is currently learning to be a firefighter at a 4 month academy in Wilson, NC. He is awesome. I am definately dealing with empty nest but keep busy with my chicks!!!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    [​IMG] Glad to see you. I myself come from farm families! I know the empty nest well as all 5 kids are grown and moved, I too love my 7 grandchildren and my time is now with chickies, my 2 dogs and my family when they visit!

4. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] from NC! [​IMG]

5. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    From Old Town, Maine

6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    [​IMG]

7. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    Hello and Welcome to BYC. We live not too far from you, over in Chocowinity. There are several people on here that are close to you.[​IMG]
    Sharon

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Welcome from another NC'er! [​IMG]

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG], Ginger!

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]