Hi Yall :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by texaschickenmom, Apr 4, 2012.

1. texaschickenmom

texaschickenmom New Egg

Apr 4, 2012
    Hello, I have stumbled upon this site many times as I googled questions about my chickens. I have found many answers and tips- thank you!!! So I figured I would join. My story into the chicken world.... A friend sent my daughter home with a dozen eggs that her hens had laid. Of course she told my daughter that if we incubated them, we could have "big chickens" too. We built a homemade incubator out of a STYROFOAM cooler and twenty some odd days later we had movement in some of the eggs. Never thinking that it would have worked...I was so excited. I did nothing for two days but sit in front of that incubator and watch my babies hatch. Four hatched... two survived, and two only lived a few hours. Fast forward a year later and we have two beautiful brahmas, Sunny Bun and Peepers!!! One hen and one rooster!! We are wanting to extend our chicken family. That is why I am here, to get advice on what other breeds, if any can we introduce to Sunny and Peepers:)

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG]

3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

4. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome
    That is a very cool story. I've always wanted to hatch eggs, but thought it would be a bit dodgy to try with homemade equipment. Just goes to show, it works!!
    Enjoy the site. :D

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. You've come to the right place. :thumbsup

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by