1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by marn, Oct 18, 2015.

1. marn

marn New Egg

Oct 17, 2015
    Hi, thanks for this wonderful group, I decided to look around for some information to help a couple of chickens that had been abandoned in our area. I found exactly what I wanted to know and in two days of these girls being with us they are now eating and looking much better. One was fly blown and in a bad way the other just looked neglected. They are now running around our place like normal chickens tails in the air and clucking. While they will still take time to fully recover they will certainly do so now. It was nice to find some help when I needed it just to verify what I was doing for them was the right thing to do.
    We live in Victoria Australia on the Gippsland Lakes, a very beautiful place. We love our feathered and furry family of 4 dogs a cat. chickens and gold fish mustn't leave them out... Living near a national park we also get the occasional visiting kangaroo and possums.
    I work at our local Post Office and General store and have a small dog grooming business and just love our garden. My husband is basicly retired does some odd jobs within the car industry and is our local State Emergency Controller. which he loves.
    Once again thankyou for having such a great group with fantastic solid info.

Cheers :)

2. Caleb999

Caleb999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! There is never an unanswered question here. Glad your feathered friends are looking better.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    G'day, and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us. Those are 2 lucky chickens to find you.

5. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. Many years ago I used to have a grooming shop myself. You may want to check out "Australia, six states and one funny little Island,"thread

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good to hear your new girls are doing well, it sounds like they have found a good home for themselves.

Thanks for joining us!

9. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Hello :frow and welcome to BYC!

10. marn

marn New Egg

Oct 17, 2015
    Thanks everyone