1. LuvEasterEggers

LuvEasterEggers Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi, I'm new to BYC, and I am still working out things. I just need a few people to help me out. I am thinking of getting a few easter eggers. i don't have any chickens currently, but I hope to soon.

I need some help

LuvEasterEggers

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    So, what do you need help with? c:

3. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    Well, mostly just pointers, what to look for when buying a chicken, what to look out for, where to buy, what to buy (coop, feed, bedding, etc.)

do you have any things you like that you would suggest? [​IMG]

p.s. I would like to buy chicks[​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  5. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    Hello again NorthFLChick! (I saw your other post) thanks for the Info!

6. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    By the way, does anyone have any chicken coop suggestions? I am looking for the perfect one! and any feed you really like, I haven't found any good brands so far.[​IMG](representing lots of looking...)

7. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Take a look through the Coops section to see all kinds of coops and the write-ups about building them. You can get a lot of good ideas there.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

Be careful with the commercially produced coops...for the most part, they aren't big enough for the number of birds they claim to hold and aren't always well made. Also, they cost quite a bit, sometimes as much as one built by you (or a helper) on site. You can see reviews of these here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/category/coops-runs-housing

8. LuvEasterEggers

Jan 26, 2016
    also, (if possible) can anyone post a pic of their coop? I would like some ideas [​IMG]

9. jimbob86

jimbob86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2015
    Nebraska
    My Coop
    Quote: Given that "perfect" does not exist this side of Heaven, I can't begin to help with that ..... but if "best for LuvEasterEggers" is the target, I can offer suggestions ..... if you give me some idea of what you need in a coop.

I spent a lot of time reading in the Coops pages before I built my tractor ....... had fun building it, too. It's still not "best for jimbob86" .... and I've spent more time mentally modifying it than I ever spent in the coop pages ...... Winter has been ...... instructive........

10. CLSranch

CLSranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    NE OK
    Big tip. Get the coop 1st. Unless you want the Perfect one. Then start with a small number and you'll be surprised how little it takes. Your going to add to whatever you get whether it's a dog carrier (I've used that) or something bigger than your house.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by