Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lynnette in WI, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Lynnette in WI

Lynnette in WI Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2016
    I'm so glad I found this site, I love to read stories from other chicken owners and learn more tips on what to do or what not to do with my chickens.I have 6 chickens now and am looking forward to getting a few chicks this spring to make my flock a bit bigger! I am always looking for new ideas for my chickens.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Lynnette, welcome to BYC.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Lynette and welcome to our community. Im glad to hear that chicken maths is still alive and kicking!! [​IMG] The learning centre is a good place to begin with, or searching for threads on a topic that interests you or searching for other members in your state. All these great resources not withstanding, post away as we are a helpful bunch and are happy to try and help you in any way we can.

All the best

CT

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Lynette. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Lynnette, [​IMG]

What breed of chickens do you have and what are you adding?

Make yourself at home here, there are a lot of helpful, friendly members here so jump right in!

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Lynette, nice to meet you. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. What breeds do you have?

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. Lynnette in WI

Lynnette in WI Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2016
    I have 1 Barred Rock, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Buff Orpington, 3 Rhode Island Reds. We got them from a friend, he got them in March of 2014, along with 7 others. By last summer he figured out he didn't really want that many and as we were talking one day he said if I was interested I could get 6 chickens from him. So in August of 2015 we brought them home to their new house. They have been so fun to have, but I worry that I'm not doing everything right, I just want to make sure they are getting the best care. I picked these types of chickens because it said these types were very hardy in the cold weather. I plan on getting some more like these, I just have to get my area ready for the chicks and get them in a month or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by