Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by coder14, Feb 25, 2016.

1. coder14

coder14 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    I moved to Missouri recently to take a job as a biologist. I have 2 acres in the county and have converted an old shed into a chicken coop. I'm interested in eggs for my family, and maybe some breeding. I am also interested in button quail, have an incubator, just looking for eggs to hatch.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Two acres sounds great with lots of room for your poultry. Have you got some already or are you starting from your own hatchlings? Incubating can become very addictive!! It's fabulous as you watch the new life emerge form the egg.

Wishing you the very best of luck, be sure to ask any questions. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC :frow

3. coder14

Feb 25, 2016
    I'm just finishing up the run I built around the old shed and putting nesting boxes in. I ordered some hatchlings from Efowl and am pretty excited about it (not as much as my kids). We got the incubator because we were hoping to hatch some of our own eventually, and we were planning on hatching some button quail for fun.

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around the run. Good luck with your chicken adventure. Button quail are so adorable!

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you seem to have got things sorted, so good luck with your new birds and enjoy them - I'm sure your kids will [​IMG]

CT

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, glad you joined us [​IMG]

7. coder14

Feb 25, 2016
    Thanks, everyone seems a friendly bunch.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by