1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kaymatsko, Mar 8, 2016.

1. kaymatsko

kaymatsko New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    Vestal
    Hi I'm new. My family and I have five chickens that we adore. I grew up with chickens but these are the first for my children. We have three lavender orphintons and two new hampshire reds. We have lots of eggs ready to hatch next week and the kids are over joyed. I can't wait to add to my flock.

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Welcome to BYC!
    How nice that you are able to give your children such a wonderful experience. Good luck on the hatch! :jumpy

3. kaymatsko

kaymatsko New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    Vestal
    Thank you :)

4. Corny Caleb

Corny Caleb Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2014
    NJ
    Welcome to BYC!!! You will definitely enjoy this Community of bird lovers [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard.
    If you check out the Learning Centre, you'll find a whole host of resources on all things chicken - its great even if you have lots of experience.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sending good hatching vibes your way [​IMG]

8. kaymatsko

kaymatsko New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    Vestal
    Thank you all!!! Less than a week before my first hatching date!!!! The kids sit and watch the incubator for hours lol. They've seen chicks,quail, and pheasants hatch before but being their own makes it so much more exciting.:)

9. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It's always fun to see kids get excited about animals. Hope the hatch goes well and you end up with lots of little chicks!

10. kaymatsko

kaymatsko New Egg

Mar 8, 2016
    Vestal
    Our first chick hatched!!! The kids and I are in love. Hatched yesterday and is a hyper happy little chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by