1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 2dogs, May 7, 2016.

1. 2dogs

2dogs New Egg

May 7, 2016
    New to the group and following the protocol! Got our first round of sexed hatchlings about 3 weeks ago and have been frequenting your site since the second day. 2 BSL, 2 GLW, and 2 SS. Named them all after famous women after we got to see their personality. We have a Rosa that likes to park it where ever she please and you can't remove her. Harriet is her counterpart - they are the BSL. An Amelia that was quite the flapper (GLW). Lucy was her counter part but at 3 weeks I think she needs to be Ricky Roo. Etta had the loudest voice (SS) and Mary Bird is her counterpart - first woman to ski the lip in Tuckerman Ravine. Next round is due in about a week and all 6 are Cuckoo Marans. Thanks for all the info and advice!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your girls.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad you joined the BYC flock.

4. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Hi! :frow welcome to BYC! Enjoy your new peeps! [​IMG][​IMG]

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you've joined us.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre (even if you have lots of experience)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

All the best
    CT

6. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    Welcome to BYC -- @CTKen gave you some great links above. Sounds like you have a lovely flock started there.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. 2dogs

2dogs New Egg

May 7, 2016
    Wow! Thanks all for the warm welcome!! We got our second round of chicks yesterday. Now have two brooders in the living room. Lol. Managed to trade three of the cuckoo marans in exchange of three Araucanas, so three of each plus the earlier flock. Everyone is happy and healthy. The older girls are almost ready to go outside. The coop is finished except some interior furnishings and now I've got a fire under my butt to get the run built. Its around a bunch of trees so getting down a foot with the hardware cloth has been challenging. I'm probably going to string some electric to keep the predators at bay. I'll post pictures of the coop and run once I get the necessary posts in. Thanks all, this site has been a wealth of information for a beginner chicken farmer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by