Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cbills, Jul 9, 2016.

1. cbills

cbills New Egg

Jul 9, 2016
    New chicken mom to 2 Lavender Orpingtons and 1 EE. Bot of my LO are pretty rough shape...I'm thinking poor genetics honestly, but I'm treating as best I can. One has a slipped tendon and I've braced it's legs together and it's finally starting to get around well. The other has wry neck and isn't preening enough because of her neck, but she gets around and eats/drinks fine. My EE is great. Huge and looks like a falcon. By the way, their names are Phoebe, Monica, and Rachel

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! I love Orpingtons! They're my favorite breed. And I also have an EE. They're great as well.

Sorry to hear about your Orp problems. One of my hens has a slipped tendon in her hock and can't walk well, but she still gets around and loves life. You might want to post here for more info and further help.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Best of luck and welcome to our flock! [​IMG]

3. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! I hope your chickens feel better soon, sounds like your taking great care of them! They must be great friends ok that was a super lame joke but I do love their names! [​IMG] Thanks for joining us!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by