1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kentucky bound, Sep 4, 2016.

1. kentucky bound

kentucky bound New Egg

Sep 4, 2016
    My husband and I are relocating our family to Kentucky! We live in Pa and want to start a farm. We have been hiding our chickens in our backyard in a residential area for about 4 months and love having them so much we decided to move. I love this site and have referred to it so many times. I believe today we are getting our first egg. One of our girls has been acting weird and thanks to this site I believe it's because she is about to lay! Thanks for all the tips.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Pleased you joined our community. Wow! I've heard of folks moving from town to country because they love chickens, but you're the first that I've heard of relocating states! :D. That is true chicken dedication. Best of luck and enjoy your farm and all that comes with it!

3. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Welcome from Australia. We are glad you joined BYC. I hope your chicken keeping experience goes well for you. I just love chickens!! What breeds do you have? I have Australorps (hence the name haha)

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC. It's great to have you!

Moving so you can expand your flock... sounds like something I'd do if I didn't already live in the country!

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

Good luck on your move, you will learn very quickly what chicken math is! [​IMG] And, first egg? [​IMG]The first egg is always exciting no matter how long you have had them...I am waiting for a first with one of mine too!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Moving for the sake of your chickens, that is true chicken love.

8. kentucky bound

kentucky bound New Egg

Sep 4, 2016
    Ha! Not just for the chickens...looking to slow our life down a bit also. We live outside of Philadelphia and and I feel like we are always thinking 5 days ahead instead of in the now. As soon as we got our chicks I saw my whole family slow down and focus on something other then what's next. It got me to thinking. So that's why the move. Also I have lived here my whole life but have never felt more at home then when we visited Kentucky!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by