Hi!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by krazychknladi, Apr 27, 2017.

1. krazychknladi

krazychknladi Just Hatched

Apr 4, 2017
    Hi everyone. I am new to BYC and saw that there was a page for Minnesota. I live in the NW suburbs of Minneapolis and I am pretty new to chicken raising. I have 6 outdoor chickens and just hatched some new little mixed breed biddies. I look forward to having interaction with people that understand our crazy weather learning some of the ins and outs of raising chickens here.

2. oredenbacher

oredenbacher Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2017
    Eastern SD
    Hi,
    Welcome! I grew up in Detroit Lakes. Living in Eastern SD now. Right now, the weather is too cold eh! We bought 13 chicks recently - a mix of breeds for better or worse. Just getting in to chickens. I sure miss the geography and TREES in Minnesota. I try to get a dose of MN by visiting family every now & then. Good luck w/ your new chicks!

3. krazychknladi

krazychknladi Just Hatched

Apr 4, 2017
    Thank you for the welcome. Minnesota is nice but truthfully I wish I were somewhere warmer.

4. oredenbacher

oredenbacher Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2017
    Eastern SD
    You & me both! I got away to Hawaii & Costa Rica this winter for a bit. It was very difficult to pack up & fly home. The wind in eastern SD is incessant & has such a cold bite IMO. Not sure how I overlooked that when we settled here. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by