Hi

Varagol

Songster
Sep 22, 2018
Northern Minnesota
So first off howdy, I've been lurking for the past few weeks while I waited for my first order of chicks to get here. I ordered 29 from an online hatchery. Picked them up, one DOA in the box. Lost two more in an hour when I got home. Lost 10 more the next day, for a total of 13 DOA within 24 hours. I contacted the hatchery and got a refund.

So after feeling terrible about losing that many, I'm bound and determined to make sure the remaining little guys and gals will be in great shape. I'm primarily looking for eggs, but since I don't have a family to feed, I just want healthy chickens that will give me about a dozen eggs a week.

My super secret plan is to raise Jersey Giants and try to get them to attack the hordes of squirrels that infest my bird feeders, but don't tell anyone! :)

Other than that, just looking to learn as much as I can. I ordered 20 of the "breeders choice" and now am trying to figure out what I have. Does anyone know what the circled chicks are? I've ended up with six or seven of them.
0920181038b_HDRa.jpg

Thanks!

Welcome to BYC!
I have not seen such cute coloring on a chick before, I have no clue what they are.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops
There are a couple of articles below in my signature that are worth the short read.
BYC has an APP

Back
Top Bottom