Cockerel suddenly developed high pitch crow

rubber

Hatching
Aug 13, 2020
My cockerels (Bob) crow has been pretty strong until yesterday when suddenly he sounds high pitched like a very young cock. We're not at all sure what this is & Google has done more to confuse me than help me. He's around 9 month old & apart from the crow he seems to be okay...eating & drinking, not sleepy but I have heard perhaps a couple of sneezes (maybe 3 times a day) really minimal. He doesn't seem to have any breathing problems but his poo is a bit runny.
We would be so grateful for any insight.
Thank you

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'd be concerned just yet. If it keeps happening though, a video of what's happening may be most useful. I'm not as experienced as some folks on here though, but my life-long philosophy for many things is "wait and see." Perhaps someone else can offer more insight.

When posting in the emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures thread, it can be helpful to make your title a quick summary of your issue, as many of us actively try to click on posts which have issues we may be more familiar with. For example, "9-month cockeral made unusual crowing sound"

I'm not sure I'd be concerned just yet. If it keeps happening though, a video of what's happening may be most useful. I'm not as experienced as some folks on here though, but my life-long philosophy for many things is "wait and see." Perhaps someone else can offer more insight.

When posting in the emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures thread, it can be helpful to make your title a quick summary of your issue, as many of us actively try to click on posts which have issues we may be more familiar with. For example, "9-month cockeral made unusual crowing sound"
Thank you :) I'm new here & now changed heading

I had a young rooster about a year old a couple years ago who one day just started crowing a very strained, quieter and scratchy crow. He lived years longer but still had that voice his whole life. Perhaps he just strained his vocal cords.

Back
Top Bottom