CuddlyChickens711

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2021
Hi everyone! I'm from the bay area and have been keeping chickens for about a year now. I may just be a teen, but already I am taking full responsibility for my flock and raising them like dogs! This has payed off and I love watching my little floofsters run to me every morning :) I get my chickens from Mill Valley Chickens and My Pet Chicken. Currently my flock consists of four blue black splash americaunas and a silked white easter egger. Recently I got four baby chicks (polishes, silkies, and salmon faverolles) from a feed store, and all had the same disease upon arrival. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing from feed stores in the future! All died except one, who I named Toots! She is a salmon faverolle and screams until I let her sit on my hand while I type/do school. I just got three more baby chicks from Mill Valley Chickens, two faverolles and a polish. I need help naming them! Sometimes, I'll sneak Toots to school with me and she knows to stay silent in my hoodie during class. On the days I don't take her, my mom reports her screaming to be picked up and paid attention to! If anybody needs tips on taming chickens, I'm your gal! I hope to be able to snag some silkies this fall, but they are so high in demand it's tricky :)
I look forward to being part of this online community :)

Hello and welcome to BYC! This is a great community of chicken lovers. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!
:welcome
So sorry for your loss ❤️

Hi everyone! I'm from the bay area and have been keeping chickens for about a year now. I may just be a teen, but already I am taking full responsibility for my flock and raising them like dogs! This has payed off and I love watching my little floofsters run to me every morning :) I get my chickens from Mill Valley Chickens and My Pet Chicken. Currently my flock consists of four blue black splash americaunas and a silked white easter egger. Recently I got four baby chicks (polishes, silkies, and salmon faverolles) from a feed store, and all had the same disease upon arrival. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing from feed stores in the future! All died except one, who I named Toots! She is a salmon faverolle and screams until I let her sit on my hand while I type/do school. I just got three more baby chicks from Mill Valley Chickens, two faverolles and a polish. I need help naming them! Sometimes, I'll sneak Toots to school with me and she knows to stay silent in my hoodie during class. On the days I don't take her, my mom reports her screaming to be picked up and paid attention to! If anybody needs tips on taming chickens, I'm your gal! I hope to be able to snag some silkies this fall, but they are so high in demand it's tricky :)
I look forward to being part of this online community :)
Wow! Awesome to meet ya! I once brought a pet skink to school, he didn't enjoy it though! I have never gotten silkies but hope to some day.
Messenger Kids_creation_1614459295668.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom