Hi

lb

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 7, 2010
Beyond the middle of nowhere
We live in rural Eastern Oregon. We have a small zoo, lots of different critters. My Grandmother had 200 white leghorns when I was very young, I was not impressed with chickens. This year after saying for many years that we would never have chickens, we gave in and got some. What an experience! We are have a small farm, and thought they would fit in. I did a lot of research, and decided to go with heritage breeds, because they seemed to be tough enough to handle our area. We ordered Light Brahama, Domonique, and Jersey Giants. Oh My Gosh I am in love, We have never been around such wonderful birds, and we have 3 big parrots! The Dom's are the busy bodies, the Bramaha are the friendly beauties, and the Giants are big and interesting. Everybody hatched Feb 23, and have been laying for about 3 weeks now. They eat everything BUT processed food. We have it available, they just don't seem very interested in it. They love their DE dust baths.

Thanks for the wonderful site!
L

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif

Welcome to backyard..........Hope you enjoy....this has been the best site so far on the net...great advise ...friendly folks..........I started off with chickens ....now Ive got 22 quail eggs in the bator!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It never ends!!!!lol take care and enjoy:lol:

Back
Top Bottom