Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by alpha_mare, May 11, 2011.

1. alpha_mare

alpha_mare New Egg

May 11, 2011
    Hi--
    We have a small rural property and keep chickens and rabbits (and dogs and cats and fish in the pond), along with the natural wildlife. We like to keep everything as natural as possible, and have a natural abundance of blueberries and blackberries now, well blueberries anyway, the blackberries are coming. Right now we have thirteen chickens we got from the Tractor Supplie, 6 white and 7 reds, most of the red are pullets. That number will likely go down as we don't keep more than one rooster and we have more than one. If I end up with 6 or eight good layers, I'd be happy. We also have a pair of rabbits that seem too small, though they are young, and we are hoping to breed them. I hope they aren't dwarf. We got them from tractor supply as well, and they couldn't tell us what type they were, they are tan and cute.

I really like watching my chickens, I had a grandmother way back that went by "Biddy" and I think she really liked her chickens too. We have had chickens and quail before and did things one way, and I grew up around farm animals at a horse farm, but I have questions and want to learn to do things right and figure out the best way to do things.

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] from Missouri!

3. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    Welcome to BYC!! You will love the site, and it will make you want more chickens, and more of everything else poultry related!! Good luck!! Lol.

If you need anything, you can PM me. I will try to help you in any way I possibly can.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  4. Player Hater

Player Hater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

6. YYZ

YYZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Maine
    Hi Alpha
    Welcome from Maine....where you from?>

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    The more I learn the more I realize how much MORE there is to learn. [​IMG] I love this forum because I'm always making new discoveries. Welcome to BYC, I'm glad you're here!

8. debryman

debryman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Joshua Tree CA
    One of my favorite pastimes is to just sit and watch mu chickens too! Hi and Welcome form Joshua Tree CA!

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by