Hi~~

Alien Tea

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Just coming in to introduce myself - been lurking for the last week or so!

Questions from the question thread thingy:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yep, brand new to chickens, we got 4 point-of-lay pullets on monday (it's now thursday). I have house-sat/pet sat chickens before though!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Starting off with 4 - we didn't want more eggs than we could eat!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Ours are some sort of hybrid - they are reddish brownish and have a lovely nature, and are supposed to be excellent layers - that's all we know.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
From googling my chicken questions - I've had many questions, and almost always, the best answers google turns up for me are from here.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to read, anything from YA fiction (Tamora Pierce! John Marsden, so many great authors), to classics (Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters etc), to more modern stuff - like sylvia plath, nabokov... and also less high-brow stuff like the sookie stackhouse series... I read pretty much anything if it's entertaining. I'm also interested in feminism - but don't worry, I'm not an angry man-hater, and I'm certianly not here to be political!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm a nanny and a student nurse. I live with my parents - my mother is the actual owner of the chickens.

Hello everyone, and thanks for this great forum - what a fabulous resource for people learning about how to care for chickens!

welcome-byc.gif

Oh, I just worked out my chickens are most likely a hybrid of rhode island red and light sussex chickens. The place where we bought them didn't say so (neither did we ask)- but they sell on to another place and that place says that that's what they are on their website. They call them ISA browns, but I thought ISA browns were rhode island red/rhode island white hybrids.

Either way, they seem to have lovely natures, even though one is quite bossy and pecks!

Back
Top Bottom