Hi:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by luvinmychickens, Jun 15, 2011.

1. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello, I am new to BYC. I got my chickens on April 4. We got them the day they were born. I have 2 Golden Buffs, 2 Dominiques, and 1 Columbian Wyandotte. We originally had 2 Columbian Wyandottes, but where I live, roosters are not alowed, so recently we had to say bye. We didn't know that one was a roo until she (he) tried to cock-a-doodle-doo. [​IMG]

They are about 2 1/2 months old. They grow so fast. I like to remember when they were just little fluffballs:) Anyways, the GB's names are Helen and Lily, the D's are Oreo and Brownie, and the CW's is Maizie. Can't wait until they start laying eggs! [​IMG]

2. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Welcome from NC. New joining also, but have been hanging around the site for a while. Love, love, love being a chicken mom... but it can get rough when there's a health crisis. Great help of all kinds on this site!

3. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Hello from Mid Michigan!! Sorry hear that you had to get rid of your rooster. Their cock-a-doodle doo is the reason I wanted one!! I have 11 gals and 1 Bantam Rooster. Hope your flocks brings you as much joy as ours has!! [​IMG]

4. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! [​IMG] Welcome from western Kentucky! So glad you chose to join us -- this is a GREAT place to spend an hour or two or seven... [​IMG] (They are NOT kidding when they say this place is addictive!) Loads of friendly people, lots of helpful information, funny stories & jokes, ... what's not to love? [​IMG] Pull up a (comfy!) chair & let's get acquainted! [​IMG]

8. Ceinwyn

Ceinwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Southeast Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio.

9. einhard

einhard Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    Howdy! You know, I only just realized that what my folks call Dominickers are actually Dominiques... what do you know! Pretty chicken!

10. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Hello and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by