Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by abbylane35, Nov 13, 2011.

1. abbylane35

abbylane35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    Lodi, New York
    Hi! My name is Patty. I live in the Fingerlakes region of New York State. I am a teacher now, but grew up on a farm, and can't let go of that! My husband and I have a tiny farm that contains chickens, ducks, and sheep. We also have two dogs and a cat. Our three year old son loves all of the animals and helps to take care of them daily [​IMG]

I am not new to chickens. I have been around chickens for nearly my entire life. My mother used to keep chickens when we were children. We also had many ducks and fancy pheasants. As kids I remember the Barred Rocks the best, as one of them, Henny Penny, would follow us kids around like a dog. We also had a chicken that hatched out a goose egg....that was a funny pair. The goose really thought that the chicken was it's mom!

Currently I have thirteen chickens and two roosters. This is a new batch from this spring, as a weasel got into my chicken coop last summer and my old flock was massacred...I hatched them out with eggs from a local lady. I have some French Copper Marons and some Araucanas. I have a rooster from each breed.

I found out about BackYardChickens.com from my etsy.com group site. In case you don't know, etsy.com is a place where people can buy and sell vintage items and handmade crafts. I was looking for a new group to join and ran across a group for BackYardChickens.com forum members. I checked it out and liked what I saw! My etsy page is www.countrycreationsoffl.etsy.com if you want to check it out!

I enjoy crafting, gardening (both flower and vegetable), caring for my flock of Katahdin sheep, and chasing after my very active three year old.

I am looking forward to what I can learn from and provide to the forums!

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] Welcome [​IMG]

4. daver

daver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Linden, NC
    [​IMG]

5. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC

6. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Wecome to BYC from Illinois!

7. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from a fellow Finger Lakes dweller! Very happy to have you with us!

[​IMG]

8. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hello Patty!!! [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us!

10. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] From North Texas [​IMG] So glad you joined us [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by