Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by The Goat, Mar 18, 2013.

1. The Goat

The Goat New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Hello everyone. New BYC member here. The wife and I discovered the site while researching chickens, and chicken coops. What an excellent resource you have here.

We're new to the poultry game and will be picking up our first chicks on Wednesday. I think we've decided on a buff orpington, an ameraucauna/easter-egger and either a barred rock or a wyandotte. Anyway, we're pretty excited, but I'm already feeling the pressure to get started on building the coop.

And a preliminary thanks to everyone that's contributed to the site, especially in the form of coop-building info. We've already learned a ton and I'm starting to feel more confident that I can construct something that will have the form and function to serve our new family members well.

Happy (almost) Spring!

The Goat

ps no, that's not actually me in my profile pic lol

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, The Goat, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard. Best of luck with your coop building and enjoy your chicks!

5. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Get hustling on that coop - those buggers grow rapidly. Welcome to BYC.

8. The Goat

The Goat New Egg

Mar 18, 2013
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote: .

That is NO JOKE. Last night we added two brand new chicks (an "easter egger" and a Cuckoo Maran) to our initial three, and it really highlighted how much the three older ones have already grown in only a week. It's seriously crazy.

I've been held up a bit by weather on the coop building and I'm slightly panicky already, but it's full steam ahead now. Got the foundation mostly done yesterday and plan to have a big chunk of framing done by the end of this weekend. It's gonna be a trial but the family shall have their home when they're ready for it.

Thanks for the encouragement!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by