Hi.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Blue Araucana, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Blue Araucana

Blue Araucana New Egg

Mar 22, 2013
    Hey there!
    I finally decided to join after a while, I mostly used this website for chicken raising tips, and stuff since my family and I live in the city limits, and are limited to five chickens we needed all the information we could get! We started out with adult hens, there only purpose being egg-layers, (Since living within the city limits makes it obvious that we can't have a rooster) two of which were red stars/golden sex links/cinnamon queens, and a beautiful barred rock.Then later, by about a week we added to our collection, chickens we thought was another barred rock and black star. Turns out we were very wrong. The second day after bringing home the two other chickens a new pecking order had been established, the black star on the bottom. The black star laid an egg, and turns out it was a black Americana LOL. The other barred rock? It was a Silver laced Wyandotte. Just proves how unknowledgeable we were in the chicken department. Sadly the silver laced died about 3-4 months ago. But opened the door to bring more chicks into our family. Since the older chickens are near their prime, we brought in 5 new chicks, who by the time they start laying, will have replaced their older counterparts. We have two Araucana chicks and 4 red stars/golden sex links/cinnamon queens. And well, for now that's about all! So yeah,......

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Blue Araucauna, and [​IMG]! Super to have you in our flock! Good luck to you!!

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by