1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

hi

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jose408, Aug 19, 2008.

1. jose408

jose408 In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    Hey guys i was woundering what kind of class of bantam is this little one and what kind of color does she have and thats the smallest she is going to be

[​IMG]

2. IloveTravis

IloveTravis Songster

Jul 27, 2008
    She looks like a mix- is there maybe some Brahma in her?

She's not really any one color. But she's a pretty, pretty girl [​IMG] I'm jealous.

3. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    I am going to say silver duckwing old english game bantam and she looks close to mature. Here is a pic of the color of that variety.
    [​IMG]

Edited to include the pic instead of just the link...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. jose408

jose408 In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    thanks guys keep posting i want some other poeple what they think about her but i cant find no hen that small or any picture of her

5. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    My oeg bantams were super teeny tiny girls. The tiniest bantams I've ever seen, besides serama.

6. jose408

jose408 In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    can i see some pictures please i want to really know how she would look like when she mature

7. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Well I found this pic on the club site online of another silver duckwing bantam hen, sadly I don't have any pics of my own oeg that I had, and I no longer have those. That was pre digital camera days for me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  8. jose408

jose408 In the Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    san jose california
    what are these called if i can ask you what kind of bantam is it becuase i cant find no picture of them i would also like to see some rooster of those little ones

9. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    These are Old English Game Bantams of the Silver Duckwing variety. The rooster looks like this pic below. From the same site that I got the pullet pic from.

[​IMG]

Here is the link to the club site for that breed, and it has tons of pictures of both rooster and hen of each variety (most of them).

http://www.bantychicken.com/OEGBCA/varitiemain.html

10. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Also these pics mostly show the roosters with dubbed combs, a natural comb would not look like this one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: