1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickengurl32, Nov 30, 2013.

1. chickengurl32

chickengurl32 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    New member! I do not have chickens yet but i really hope I will soon! my parents are thinking about it [​IMG] anyway i hope to learn things and make friends on here!

love,
    chickengurl32 :)

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

3. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. Check out the learning center tabs above for great info. Share this site with your parents too :)

4. Chickens R Us

Chickens R Us Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    show your parents you will be responsible in caring for a flock by, reading up on the various topics on BYC forum. Quote info to them, as you gain each bit of knowledge. That would impress me if, you were my daughter.

6. Wild Thyme Farm

Wild Thyme Farm Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Licking, MO
    Hello!

I'm new here too. it's a great place with lots and lots of information and help. Enjoy your chicks when you get them. [​IMG]

7. chickengurl32

chickengurl32 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! That's awesome adviceā€¦ I'll surprise them by becoming a chicken dictionary :) I hope that they will realize!

8. Chicken Happy

Chicken Happy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2012
    North Idaho
    Welcome! Showing your parents that you indeed do possess chicken knowledge will work wonders. Delve into the various breeds - find out the type that would work best for your set-up and location. You could then point your parents in the proper direction and explain to them why certain types would be good/bad for your family. Be the one they turn to for advice.

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by