Hiccup? Cough? Isolate?

slcbj

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 1, 2014
We have a few backyard hens and one of our older ones has a hiccup. There is no discharge . We isolated her for several days but no results. Is it respiratory? It sounds like a classic chicken sound but in hiccup form. Can’t attach video😞

Is it very often and is its chest moving at the same time as the hiccups? I saw a video of what you may be described on this site and someone had replied it could have trouble breathing.

Is it very often and is its chest moving at the same time as the hiccups? I saw a video of what you may be described on this site and someone had replied it could have trouble breathing.

it’s behaving quite normal, just these chirps every few seconds. I tried massaging the crop and nothing was there. It isn’t lethargic at all. I see no discharge in the eyes or around it’s beak

it’s behaving quite normal, just these chirps every few seconds. I tried massaging the crop and nothing was there. It isn’t lethargic at all. I see no discharge in the eyes or around it’s beak

It’s hard to say re chest - but I’d say the neck for sure. I’ll check again later

Back
Top Bottom