Hickory Hens of S.C. Two Coop and Run Design (Lots of Photos)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jeeping31, Dec 9, 2012.

1. jeeping31

jeeping31 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The small bird coop and run was build and called (Made in Mexico) coop. When I added more chickens I build a bigger and better coop and run. My wife chickens needed a 8x10 coop still trying to find out why? (lol) I try to use scrap wood and stuff I bought the door and window at a used place like goodwill for $15 dollars. The siding I bought at Lowes for $19 dollars a sheet. The roof I had got for free the wire for the run I bought at a yard sale for $75 dollars.

[​IMG]

I made a nice place to lay there eggs and a easy door to access the eggs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inside look at the boxs
    [​IMG]

Here's the roost
    [​IMG]

Seeing these photos do you think the roost and the boxs are to high?

2. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    You should probably put a bord leaning against them so the hens can walk up the bord and reach the boxes. Do you have a roost near it? Very nice coop!

3. jeeping31

jeeping31 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2011
    Yes Chickengirl47 the boxes are right beside the roost you think I should make a bridge over to the boxes or should I make new boxes lower to the ground?
    [​IMG]

4. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    A bridge would probably be easier, but its your choice. ;) But they will probably jump onto the roost, and then to the laying boxes to lay. If you have heavy breeds, it will probably be hard for them to jump to the nesting boxes because they are so heavy.

Goodnight!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by