Hidden eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CorieUmbaugh, Mar 8, 2012.

1. CorieUmbaugh

CorieUmbaugh New Egg

Feb 14, 2012
    Today I have gotten 3 brahma eggs, and only have one brahma. There were two this morning, and another this afternoon. I know there is no way she laid three in one day, so I was wondering if anyone has had a chicken hide eggs and then bring them out later? It's the only thing I can think would make s
    ense! Help!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Do you have other chickens? Or just one.....

I have collected daily, and then I think one hen may have layed an egg late in the day, and then I collected eggs later than normal, so I found two eggs in one day.

I couldn't really explain a third egg........Maybe the egg was hidden in the nest under some straw.....?

[​IMG]

3. CorieUmbaugh

CorieUmbaugh New Egg

Feb 14, 2012
    I have 4 but my australrop lays eggs that are more of a medium brown, not the pinkish tan like my brahma. And the EE and silkie are obviously not the ones laying these. All 3 were pinkish tan. I adipose it could have been hidden under the straw from previous days, just strange I would have missed them and they all showed up in one day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by