High heat :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cinnylove, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Cinnylove

Cinnylove Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2013
    Reading, Pa
    I was away this morning n my thermometer reached 106?! :( its day 2, are they dead?

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    You can always check after a week. I dont think they would be.

3. Cinnylove

Feb 24, 2013
    Reading, Pa
    OK.. This is my very first try at incubation n i have my hopes SO HIGH.. I'm eagerly awaiting day 7 so I can candle. I should see slight movement on day 7,right?

4. Cinnylove

Feb 24, 2013
    Reading, Pa
    I tested for 3 days before putting my eggs in but now I'm skeptical.. I'm thinking still air is most difficult.. I have breath holes n everything!

5. My Hens and Roo

My Hens and Roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2012
    Cornelius Oregon
    My Coop
    I am new at this also. I had to re~home my giant jersey Roo last month, and in my hour of mourning decided to incubate the last fertile eggs from him with my RIR hen and my Barred rock hen.
    I set 10 eggs, candled on day 8 to find 3 duds (and yes, saw a little movement from two eggs).. I used a cheap store bought bator that had no set thermostat nor an egg turner. Man oh man was that thing hard to regulate! My temps were all over the board, the extremes ranging from one time 94•, to a couple of highs of 104.4 and 105 but for hours not days. My enthusiasm faded but I stuck to it, turning by hand, humidity, etc. and you know what I did in the end? [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    SIX out of SEVEN HATCHES!!! hoo ya

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by