1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

High IQ Score = Free Craigslist Item

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Dec 6, 2010.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I thought that this was too funny and I had to post it. I responded to an ad on Craigslist about a FREE Armoire that was being given away. This is the reply that I received from this lady named "Barbara". This is a first.

So I guess it's not free after all. Seriously? Really? Seriously????? [​IMG]

I didn't post the link because I wasn't sure if it was a scam or a virus. I deleted the IQ TEST link. I didn't want anyone to click on the link and the link shut down everyone's computer.

"Hi,
    Sorry about the late reply, I've been packing like crazy for the last few days.

I received so many replies that I decided the only fair way is to have a fun contest. The first person to send back a score higher than mine, takes it! Here's the link to play:

Just send over your score ASAP, as I am going to give it to the first person who has a better score than me.

Thanks,
    Barbara"

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    If you lived in Illinois I would swear it was my neighbor.

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

What's going to be REALLY funny is when she gets a million replies and they're ALL higher than hers. [​IMG]

Serve her right for setting it up so she can email people back and say "Nope you're too stupid to own furniture."

4. halfwaynowhere

halfwaynowhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    La Puente, CA
    stuff like that should really just be first come, first serve. i don't like offering stuff for free because when i get several replies, i feel like i should give it to the person who seems most deserving, when really, it doesn't need to work that way.
    if she had put that in her original post, it might have been cute. but baiting with a free item, then responding with that little game of hers, makes me suspicious, and i wouldn't be too surprised if it turned out to be a scam, anyways.

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Did you click on the link to see if it really was an IQ test?
    We have a dentist's office in our area that posts stuff for free & when you email for details, THAT'S when you find out there really isn't anything to get for free and it's an ad for a dentist office...low, right?

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:The "dental whitening kit" scam is nationwide on the Free Section of Craig's list.

7. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:You're right. She is baiting !!! And I also think it is a scam.

10. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I was too afraid to click on the link. I thought that it may have been a scam or virus. That's why I didn't post it in the thread. I didn't want anyone on BYC to click on and in fact it was a virus.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by