High Protein...other then angel wings what does it do

I was taught to feed Ducklings/Ducks this way....Never gotten Angel wing.
Duckling starter or unmedicated chick starter mixed with scratch grains, oat and barley crumble. till 8 weeks
Grower feed mixed with scratch grains, oat and barley crumble till first egg
After first egg. Layer pellets, scratch grains, oat and barley crumble.
With all ages, Free ranging and fruit and veggies in the diet.
I provide a handful of dry cat food two times a week for the added protein.
My Ducks are in great health and happy.

I was taught to feed Ducklings/Ducks this way....Never gotten Angel wing.
Duckling starter or unmedicated chick starter mixed with scratch grains, oat and barley crumble. till 8 weeks
Grower feed mixed with scratch grains, oat and barley crumble till first egg
After first egg. Layer pellets, scratch grains, oat and barley crumble.
With all ages, Free ranging and fruit and veggies in the diet.
I provide a handful of dry cat food two times a week for the added protein.
My Ducks are in great health and happy.
Thanks! How much protein is in the duck starter/Grower?
I feed mine a 19% pellet and let them free range few hours a day. My birds are beautiful with not health issues..but when people hear I feed them a 19% they seem to freak out :).

I no longer have the bag of feed to tell you the % of protein in the starter. The barley and oat is 16% The grower is also 17%.
But I do know that is why I mix my feed...Mine only eat a bit of the grains each day. They eat mostly the forage, fruits and veggies.
I was told to think like a Duck. What do wild Ducks choose to eat? They like grasses, bugs and grains.
My birds look fantastic.
If yours are good, then your doing things right.

I no longer have the bag of feed to tell you the % of protein in the starter. The barley and oat is 16% The grower is also 17%.
But I do know that is why I mix my feed...Mine only eat a bit of the grains each day. They eat mostly the forage, fruits and veggies.
I was told to think like a Duck. What do wild Ducks choose to eat? They like grasses, bugs and grains.
My birds look fantastic.
If yours are good, then your doing things right.
Thanks for the reply! Yes they are looking great...well other then my appleyard is molting and is not looking as prudy ;)

Back
Top Bottom