High Tensile and Goats

boilerjoe_96

Songster
12 Years
Apr 4, 2007
West Lafayette, IN
Does it work? With electric of course...

Right now I have just normal electric, 7 wires, and my dumb goats don't do what I have been told they will do.

When the goats stick their nose on the wire(1/4 acre pasture 50 mile charger), they spring forward and go through the fence. They really don't want to run away, because then they stand there 10 feet away on other side, and look back into the pasture(appearing to think, uh oh, now how do I get back?).....

I was looking for cheap and quick thus electric. Well, I guess a hot high tensile would be next quickest and cheapest. Will it work?

If not I guess I will be forced to use woven wire...

I have boer goats and do keep them in with the wide white electric tape fence. Use 4 strands and it kind of looks like a board fence from a distance...
Not much room for them to stick their head between the tape... And for my alpine named Biggie I run a strand of electric wire across the top.... He is my challenge!
I have also found that cattle panel work great for small pens and containment areas also.. good luck...

Mine are also boer's.... Right now I just have 14 gauge wire hand pulled tight as I could get. I did cut up a white plastic grocery bag into strips and tied to the wires to give visibility of it. Maybe I need to go with something more visible like what you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom