1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

High-test treat for hens

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Horsea, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Horsea

Horsea Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2008
    Canada
    I would like to buy some super-nutrition for my hens. Has anyone here ever fed their chickens barley grass powder, wheat grass powder or alfalfa powder? This is human-grade stuff I am referring to.

Thanks.

I could use some advice on the Search function here. If I type in "wheat grass powder" I get tons of results for each individual word, not the total phrase. Can anyone advise?

2. ChickChickChicky

ChickChickChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2011
    Greater Kansas City, MO
    In my opinion, the search function on this site is beyond useless. In most normal search engines, one could type in " wheat + grass + powder" and get linked directly to the exact place (page) where all three of those terms were used together. However, HERE you get linked to page number one of many different threads, some of which have hundreds of entries.... have fun searching through all THAT mess! Best of luck to you!

3. ChickChickChicky

ChickChickChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2011
    Greater Kansas City, MO
    BTW, it would probably be easier just to type your search words into google, it should bring up the exact location on BYC of those terms.

4. Horsea

Horsea Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2008
    Canada
    You are absolutely correct! Tks. I found some reference to the grain grasses. FWIW, I am none too computer-savvy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by