High tomorrow - 103 degrees ...... Heat index = 115......Aarrrggghhhhh

Discussion in 'Quail' started by _Randall_, Aug 2, 2011.

1. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Good God.......I'm Sick Of Hot Soggy Southern Weather ............. My Eggs Can't Help But Starting Development As Soon As They're Layed In This Crap......... Aaaarrggghhhh......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Just Be [atient Randall.... In 6 Mos You'll Be Whining About The Cold [​IMG]

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    X2 !!!! I think I go through 5 tee shirts a day ! When the sleeves get so soaked I can't wipe the sweat out of my eyes, I have to change into another one..[​IMG]

4. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Its get'n old aint it! The highest I saw it today was 108. Gonna drop 10 degs tomorrow. Real cold front, 98... Gonna get more humid thou. BOY..... Bill [​IMG]

5. bantamboy93

bantamboy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    I'm from Pearl River County if you know where that's at. It's been that way for a while. Though not quite in the 100's. We've been having rain every day or every other day for a while now so it's been keeping it a little bit cooler. JJMR, the winter in MS is crazy. Or at least, down here near the coast it is. Still super humid, so it's like you've been dropped in a pot of water and then throwed in the freezer. Just freezes you right to the bone. It's horrible. But I can handle the cold. I can put on jackets and stuff. But my body can't cope with the heat.

6. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:HMM I DUNNO ABOUT THAT.. WE GET BRUTAL COLD HERE IN WINTER BUT LIKE YOU THERE ON THE COAST ITS A WET HUMID COLD--- THAT SEEMS TO FREEZE TO THE BONE NO MATTER HOW MANY LAYERS OR WHAT THEY'RE MADE OF IT SEEPS IN. MY SCHOOL DAYS BUDDIES BACK HOME IN KY CANT GRASP THAT CONCEPT... THEY ASKED 1 TIME WHATS THE COLDEST YOU HAVE BEEN. WHEN I REPLIED SITTING IN A DUCK BOAT IN FLORIDA THEY LOST IT... FELL OVER BACKWARDS LAUGHIN... THEY GOT EDUCATED A FEW MOS LATER WHEN THEY CAME DOWN FOR SPRING GOBBLER SEASON WITH ME HERE IN THE SWAMPS... "68 AINT EVER BEEN SO COLD" WAS WHAT I HEARD ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR 2 WEEKS [​IMG] THE HIMIDITY IS THE X FACTOR

7. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Humidity Being The X Factor Cuts Both Ways.... 108 In Phoenix Is Tolerable.... 108 In Missisippi/ Florida/ Georgia Is Stagnant Death [​IMG]

8. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    It's pretty bad here. Today I cleaned coops, mowed 2 yards, plowed the droppings into my turnip green patch that I mowed down, and then I pulled my uncle's old camper out of a hole. It's been a long and hot day. [​IMG]

9. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:X2

stay cool guys, drink plenty of liquids.

10. troseblad

troseblad Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Bartlett, TX
    51 days of 100+. 34 of those in a row and counting. I put lamp out for my newly hatched chicks and they all went to the other side of the pen, which is on a screened in porch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by