Highline Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EasyEightMedia, Mar 24, 2017.

1. EasyEightMedia

EasyEightMedia New Egg

Mar 24, 2017
    Greetings from Northeastern Montana!

Longtime lurker on the site, but now that it's getting warmer I figured I'd dive in and join up.

I currently have two Swedish Flower chickens and two Cream Legbars (One rooster and one hen apiece). We made it through our first winter! Although, I will admit one rooster lost his comb in a pretty big way... But he's a hearty fellow and doing fine now. -30 degrees+high wind = a really big learning curve...

There's 5 Welsummer, 5 Easter Eggers, and 5 Cinnamon Queen hens on their way so our flock is about to take a big leap! We recently finished our house this last year, put in a brand new massive garden that's fenced in for the chickens, and tons more. So here's to year #2 of my boyfriend and I being homesteaders! I literally went from a professional journalist to stay-at-home ranchers girlfriend overnight last year. Haha. Designing websites and starting a couple books in my spare time has been a wonderful way to escape the rat-race and spend more time with the chickens :)

Ok, my afternoon break is over, now it's back to spring-cleaning the coop. Or the 'Coop d'etat' as I like to call it. Still can't get away from political puns...

Here's a photo of my tiny herd when we first started a year ago vs today!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. KingOfTheCoop02

KingOfTheCoop02 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2017
    Ireland
    Pretty chickens! Love all the different breeds... having a varied flock is so much better than just having one type. Have fun!

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC and good luck with your impending additions

Best wishes
    CT

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Highline Chickens, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! My wife is a former Montanan and can't stop speaking about the beauty of the state! Glad your flock survived the frigid temps! Good luck and thanks for joining BYC!!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Is that you, jumping for joy??? What a beautiful home. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under EasyEightMedia [​IMG] Welcome!

You have a beautiful flock and home!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Howdy! Love the setup!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by