Hilarious moment

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by citygirl, Apr 17, 2009.

1. citygirl

citygirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    My teenagers (chickens) are 8 weeks old. We moved them up to our duplex coop last weekend with a heat lamp and everything is going well.

Last night at 8 I went out to close them up and 2 were outside scratching around so I came back later when I was in my bathrobe and jammies. We have motion sensor lights and when I got up to the coop I realized 10 of the 16 were roosting under the coop (with 2 foot clearance). I had to climb under the coop in my white bathrobe to get the chickens into the coop. After picking up 6 of them and putting them away the other 4 were awake and much more difficult to pick up.

I finally finished and had to wash all my nightclothes. Instead of chickens too dumb to come out of the rain I've got chickens too dumb to find their way into the coop. [​IMG]

2. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

That would have made a great picture to get a laugh. I have actually had to show my teenagers where to go several times but they eventually get the hang of it. I was trying to catch a couple of mine one time and fell in the mud. I cussed a little and then laughed at myself till my side hurt. Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.[​IMG]

3. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I wish I'd have seen that. [​IMG] I'm not that far away. If you plan on doing that again sometime soon can you give me the heads up so I can enjoy the show? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by